找到了有意向的代理商后,梅和托尼和代理商討論要開展的業務和傭金問題。
(T = Tony, M = May, W = Wayne)
T: Well, thank you for coming, Wayne. As you know, we're looking for an agent
in Britain to help us to sell our holidays. Perhaps we should start by telling
you what we need in Britain, then you can tell us what you think. Is that OK?
韋恩,謝謝你能過來。你知道,我們正在找一家英國代理商幫我們銷售旅行業務。我想我們應該先告訴你我們需要合作方做的業務,然后你再談談你的想法,怎么樣?
W: Yeah, fine. Yeah.
好的,可以。
M: Well, Mr. Harvey. We're looking for an agent here who could help us with
marketing.
哈維先生,我們要找一家代理商代理我們在英國的市場業務。
T: We need a company which has experience of working in other countries.
一家有在外國業務經歷的公司。
M: Do you have partners in other countries?
你們在其他國家有合作伙伴嗎?
W: Well, not exactly. We're quite new, you see, so we are just starting to
make contacts.
哦,還沒有。我們剛成立不久,你知道,我們剛開始接觸代理業務。
T: Where do you work mainly?
你們的業務主要在哪里?
W: Well, we send tourists mainly to France and sometimes Spain.
我們主要做去法國的旅游業務,有時也做去西班牙的。
M: And do you have partner companies there?
你們在這兩個國家有合作伙伴嗎?
W: Well, not yet, we're quite new you see.
哦,還沒有,你知道,我們剛成立不久。
T: Well, perhaps we should talk about payment. If you worked with us, how
much commission would you expect?
嗯,我想我們該談談報酬了。如果你和我們合作,你希望得到多少傭金?
W: Well, we're thinking about 25 percent, something like that.
呃,我們想大概25%吧,差不多這個數。
M: Mmm, we usually pay around 8 percent, I think. Isn't that right Tony?
嗯,我們通常是支付8%左右的傭金。是不是啊,托尼?
W: Yeah, but…
呃,但是……
T: Er, excuse me, Wayne... your tie is in my coffee...
哦,不好意思,韋恩,你的領帶掉到我的咖啡里了。
W: Oh, sorry mate, yeah. Well, perhaps we could talk about 20 percent.
哦,不好意思,伙計。我想20%左右也行。
M: Mr. Harvey, we will need to talk to head office about that, I'm afraid. We
can't make that decision ourselves.
哈維先生,恐怕我們得和總部討論一下。我們自己沒權利決定。
T: Yes, I think our boss will need to think about it.
是的,我想我們老板需要考慮一下。
M: Perhaps we can phone her this afternoon and we'll contact you again.
我想今天下午可以給她電話,然后我們會再聯系你。
T: Thank you for coming Mr. Harvey.
謝謝你能前來,哈維先生。
W: Sure, OK. Cheers.
好的,再見。
(來源:BBC 實習生江巍 英語點津 Annabel 編輯)
我想了解更多職場英語