托尼的工作顯然做得不好,因此在匯報時少不了被老板責難。
(T = Tony, B= boss)
T: Hello, it's Tony, in Manchester.
你好,我是托尼,曼徹斯特。
B: Oh, hello Tony. How's the exhibition? Is it going well?
你好,托尼。展會怎么樣?一切都順利嗎?
T: Er, no, not really. It's very quiet actually! We are not doing much!
呃,不是很順利。實際上非常安靜。我們都沒什么可干的。
B: What? That's awful? How can you say that, Tony? Did you speak to the
conference manager again?
什么?那么糟? 怎么會這樣呢,托尼?你和展會的經理又談了嗎?
T: Er, no, no. Why?
呃,沒,沒有。怎么了。
B: To get a better stand of course! We are paying a lot of money for that
exhibition and for your hotel! Can't you speak to him again?
要一個好的展位呀!我們為這個展會和你們的旅館付了很多錢的!你不能再和他談談嗎?
T: Er, OK. I'll do my best.
呃,好的,我會盡力的。
B: Have you spoken to any good agents yet?
你有沒有和一些好的代理商談談?
T: Well, yes. There is one company, they seem very nice.
哦,有。有一家公司看起來不錯。
B: Nice? Nice? Have they got any experience? Are they reliable?
不錯?不錯?他們有經驗嗎?可靠嗎?
T: Erm, er, I'm not sure. I'll ask May...
呃,嗯,我不太肯定。我會問下梅……
T: Hello? Are you still there?
喂,您還在嗎?
B: Yes, I'm here.
嗯,在。
T: Em, we aren't sure about the agents.
嗯,代理商我們不太確定。
B: Tony, please could you speak to them again and get more details about
their experience.
托尼,你能不能再和他們談談,多了解一些他們的經歷。
T: But, they want to sign a contract tomorrow.
可是,他們想明天簽合同。
B: No, Tony. Do NOT sign anything until we know a lot more about them. Please
get full details about their track record. I want to know who they've worked
with before, exactly. Can you please send me a full report tomorrow.
不行,托尼。在了解之前我們不能和他們簽任何東西。請你了解詳細的經營情況。我想知道他們都和誰合作過,詳細情況。你明天能不能給我一份詳細報告?
T: But I was going to go to the cinema tonight!
可是我今晚打算去看電影。
B: Tony, you are not there to go to the cinema!
托尼,你不是去那里看電影的!
T: Fine. We also need more brochures.
好的。我們還需要一些宣傳冊。
B: OK. I'll send some more immediately. I'll start preparing a contract but
we need a lot more information.
好的,我會立刻送一些過去的。我會準備起草合同,但我們需要更多了解他們。
(來源:BBC 實習生江巍 英語點津 Annabel 編輯)
我想了解更多職場英語