當前位置: Language Tips> 實用口語
分享到
一年一度的萬圣狂歡就要告一段落啦!有沒有趁周末盡情happy呢? 還沒玩夠也不要太難過,畢竟,萬圣節都過了,圣誕節還會遠嗎!
今天為大家準備了幾個與萬圣節息息相關的英語俗語,切記在玩樂中也不能松懈英語學習哦!
Blood run cold
Meaning: This means you are so frightened that you can feel it all over.
該短語表示你太害怕了,以至于全身都有反應。
Example: The rage in his eyes made her blood run cold.
他眼中的憤怒讓她毛骨悚然。
Devil's advocate
Meaning: Someone who plays "devil's advocate" is a person who argues an unpopular opinion for the sake of the argument.
“魔鬼代言人”是在爭論中故意唱反調的人。
Example: So let me play devil's advocate and consider the positive case for buying a home right now.
那么讓我來唱反調吧,讓我考慮下現在買房的積極例證。
Dig one's grave
Meaning: You are 'digging your own grave' when you do something which you know will cause you trouble.
當你做明知道會給你帶來麻煩的事情時,你就是在“自掘墳墓”。
Example:You will dig your own grave and go to hell!
你將自掘墳墓并且下地獄!
Like a bat out of hell
Meaning: This term is used to describe something that happens very quickly or suddenly.
這個習語被用于描述某事兒發生得很快很突然。
Example: You will be flying like a bat out of hell.
你將會嗖的一下飛起來。
Over my dead body
Meaning: This is used when you refuse to let someone do something.
當你拒絕讓某人做某事時,使用這個短語。
Example: 'We'll have her over for dinner.' — 'Over my dead body!'
“我們將請她過來吃大餐。”“除非我死了?!?/p>
Skeleton in the closet
Meaning: Someone with "skeletons in their closet" is someone who has something they don't want to tell you about.
一個“在衣櫥里藏著骷髏”的人是有著不可告人秘密的人。
Example: Everyone has a skeleton in the closet.
每個人都有不可告人的秘密。
Stab in the back
Meaning: This common phrase refers to a friend or acquaintance betraying you for their own personal gain.
這個常用的短語指朋友或熟人因為個人的一己私利而背叛了你。
Example: Such a vicious lie could be nothing but a stab in the back.
這種惡毒的謊言簡直是暗箭傷人。
(來源:搜狐教育? 編輯:Julie)
上一篇 : 展銷會上外商的問題,你聽得懂招架得住嗎?
下一篇 : 花樣表達“我餓了”
分享到
電話:8610-84883645
傳真:8610-84883500
Email: languagetips@chinadaily.com.cn